Sunday, June 27, 2010

Still pregnant.

I know, I know. Up until a few weeks ago, "still pregnant" would be a marvellous, wonderful thing to celebrate. At this point, though, I'm just ready to be done. Not because I'm tired of being so big, not because I'm impatient to meet this baby (although I am), but because I've been having contractions on and off for the past two weeks, and it's bloody annoying. Look, either contract and get the baby out, or don't, and let me function normally. Oh, and the feeling that my pubic bone is separating in the most painful manner possible isn't helping, either.

Whine over.

Today I've got that really bad achy feeling like the worst menstrual pain ever. Does this mean labour is imminent? I fear the answer is "no"... but it would be a great day for a "yes"!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you!!!

For your sake I hope you go into real labor soon!

Maybe you need to tide your blog friends over with a belly pic.:)

Tzivia said...

Didn't see you at the funfair... haven't seen a facebook update in 10 hours... could this mean...?!???

decemberbaby said...

Jay - dream on!

Dora said...

That bad menstrual pain feeling was all I got. It started after my water broke (trickled, really). It started at night, by morning, after checking with dr google, I realized it was early labor. By the time I got to the hospital, my water had been broken for longer than 14 hours. But I never had pain worse than bad crampiness. The OB referred to them as non-productive contractions.

Hope this comment finds you recovering with your new little one.

ms. c said...

I'm thinking... you haven't updated in 4 days...
Hoping all is well! Sending you love.

dancilhoney said...

I am in my mid-thirties so don't have quite as many years left as you did when you first started trying! Your story gives me hope though.

cant get pregnant?

Anu Verma said...

Get pregnant faster with home-check instant ovulation test kit
Homecheck Instant Ovulation test is highly accurate and sensitive. It can detect surge in LH levels as low as 20mlU/ml.