Monday, November 06, 2006

And how do you feel about that?

I met my therapist today. What can I say? Our first session, she reminds me that what's happened to me is really really shitty and I have the right to be very upset. She recommended that I plan my meltdowns - no longer than an hour a day - so that I can function the rest of the time and still get the grief out. Fun.

Then I came home and slept the sleep of the dead for four hours. I remember hubby coming home and joining me in bed for a while. And then I fell asleep and woke up with that disoriented "is it AM or PM?" feeling.

____________________________________

My apartment now most closely resembles a third world country. The fruit flies are attracted to the dirty dishes that are everywhere... so everywhere I go, I find flies around me. I almost expect Suzanne Somers to walk in and start talking to the camera:

"Hi, I'm Suzanne Somers. Did you know that in our own country, hundreds of infertile women are too depressed to do the dishes? For only 100 dollars a week, you can get this woman the help she needs to keep her home clean. Please call today."

No comments: