Sunday, May 02, 2010

I'd like to know...

Why does pregnancy = crap immune system?

I'm sick again. blah. It hurts to swallow, I get short of breath taking a shower, and my head feels like it's stuffed with cotton. All this on the most beautiful weekend this year. I hate it.

Thank god for parents. Mr. December's parents have Kali right now, and my parents are poised to take over in a couple of hours. I do not have the energy to enforce any of the following rules:

1. We do not pull all the drawing paper off the roll and use it to make a bed.

2. You may not throw the pewter candlesticks onto the hardwood floor because you're done playing with them.

3. While it is wonderful that you want to "play shabbat", you may not climb onto the kitchen counter in search of the wine. Imaginary shabbat, imaginary wine. Deal with it.

4. If you have to climb all over mummy's belly and boobs to get to the most coveted corner of the couch, you should infer that said corner is unavailable.

5. Your cuteness will not save you from having to wear a diaper. Only potty-training can.


Gee, I'm tired just typing all that. Please excuse me while I recline listlessly on the couch.

2 comments:

ms. c said...

Oy! Feel better soon!

Fairion said...

Being sick sucks. I hope you feel better soon.

Just found your blog through http://ronypony.blogspot.com/ Infertility is a hard thing to deal with. Being around the larger families typically found in the frum communities makes it even harder for some people

My family has genetic infertility issues and Froggy is our miracle baby. We will never the chance to need rule number 4