Thursday, March 06, 2008

not sick after all

It seems I'm just overtired. Thank God.

Last night, Kali started getting really fussy around 6:30. We started our routine and she was asleep in her crib by 7:15. The only problem was that she woke up at 5:30 ready to start a new day.

"Little girl," I said, "in this house the day does not start until 8:00 at the earliest. Go back to sleep."
"But eeema, look how smiley and awake I am! Let's plaaaay!"
"No way," I replied, avoiding eye contact. "We're gonna sit in this rocking chair in the dark until you go back to sleep. It's not daytime yet."
"Ha ha! I know how tired you are, eema, and if I stay awake long enough you'll give in and put me in my swing!"

In the end, Kalanit was right. I chucked her into the swing, gave her a pacifier, and went back to bed. The joke's on her, though. She fell asleep and didn't wake up again until 9:00.

3 comments:

Caro said...

(taking notes)

Glad you're not sick.

Julie said...

I'm so glad you aren't sick. And swings certainly are magic... Enjoy that while it lasts.

moplans said...

NICELY DONE!!!