Thursday, October 09, 2008

apologies are so last week...

I know, I've been gone for a long time. To be honest, I feel like readership has dropped off so I figured nobody would really miss me. (except you, Dagny. I miss you too.) I mean, really, I used to be funny. Okay, funny-ish. Back when I was bitter and sarcastic and stuff. Right now? Not so bitter, not so funny, just enjoying my life. Really.

My brother's wedding was beautiful. However, taffeta is not my friend. Somebody at the wedding asked me, "so when's your due date?" !!! I repressed the urge to clobber him with my bouquet, because a) he's one of the nicest people I know, and b) that day it really wasn't about me. But yeah, I looked phat fat. I could pretend to be outraged or hurt, but I know that this belly is mostly a result of my inability to "put down the fucking fork", as is said in cynical circles.

Then we went to Seattle for a wedding. The wedding was gorgeous, we were very happy for the couple, but the trip was just not good timing for us. Too many things interrupted. And I got mastitis in Seattle and got to navigate the lovely American health care system (good thing we have insurance). And then we came back, and it was Rosh Hashanah, and then I got sick with a nasty cold, and here we are.

So really, you didn't miss anything.

Am I allowed to demonstrate my patheticness now? Is "patheticness" a word? I think not. Whatever.

Anybody else remember the last time I had a really nasty cold, nosebleeds, and a resting pulse rate over 82? Anybody? How about now?

I'm not saying I am, and I'm not saying I'm not. I'm not sure what I really think or how I really feel... but I just had to put it out there. According to murphy's law, AF will come soon and I won't have to wonder.

6 comments:

Aurelia said...

Noooooooo, OMG you are kidding me!

Hey, keep posting and I'll read more. My commenting is down because I rarely have more than one hand. But I read.

And now that your brother's wedding is over, you could read and comment more as well, right? So things will change.

Now go pee on a stick. I want to know!

Wishin4bb said...

TEST!!!!!

'Nuff said!

And yes, I read....when you post!

Kirsten, Chris, Jacob, Sarah & Evan said...

I read your posts too, when you can be bothered to get your arse to the computer to make them! Could you POAS so I can stop checking to see if you've done it already? Thank you. x

hammygirl said...

I agree, POAS! If nothing else, it will certainly prompt AF to show up immediately and then you can get that over with!

I totally understand the intermittent posting. I'm bad for it too. Would love to hear more from you though, when you've got the time and energy!

Dagny said...

Glad you had fun, and FYI, taffeta is friends with NO ONE!!!!! I am sure you looked beautiful anyway. :D

Sorry again about the bfn. :(

*smoooooooooooooooches*

Cajun Cutie said...

Glad you are back, I missed you and your wit. You are very finny always. Sounds like you have been super busy. Are all the home renovations done?