Tuesday, September 22, 2009

It begins...

The so-called "second wave" has begun.

Tonight I received an email. Our friend sent around a photo of her daughter (who is about six months younger than Kali) wearing a bib that read: "I'm going to be a big sister!"

This can only be the first of many such announcements; most of our friends have kids around Kali's age (but really, they're all younger) and all of them have admitted to wanting more children.

This friend's second child will be almost precisely two years younger than their first. That's the spacing I always idealized... that particular dream died for me when my April cycle didn't work out.

I wonder how many more such announcements I'll have to smile my way through before I get pregnant again. I wonder whether it will always hurt like this.

3 comments:

Caro said...

I'm sorry. A bunch of my friends are on number 2 as well.

Caro said...

Oh and they all started trying for number 1 after me.

Aurelia said...

This is the not fun part....sorry. FWIW, I was usually fine for most announcements, but every once in awhile, the bitterness would creep up and bite me in the ass.

Just keep working on the plastic rehearsed smile.