Thursday, September 06, 2007

No cure for infertility

I'm pregnant, so I'm well on the way to curing my case of childlessness... but there seems to be no cure for infertility.

I just heard that my distant cousin who got married in November is now six months pregnant. Let's do the math... oh my goodness, it took them a whole 3-4 months to conceive! I couldn't even summon up the mild happiness and decency to be genuinely congratulatory. What's my problem? Are all of us barren bitches like this?

I can claim to be back to my happy, bubbly self... but events like that show me to be otherwise. I guess infertility has left its scars.

On the other hand, it's left lots of new bloggy friends. What a great silver lining.

6 comments:

Chris said...

I don't know if EVERY barren bitch is like that but I know I am. I was hoping it would go away as things progress but much like the built up scar tissue from the blood draws, it hasn't.

At least we'll NEVER have to worry about taking our child(ren) for granted and not appreciating how blessed we are. Cheers to us!

Elizabeth said...

I got pregnant 4 months after my wedding, but NO ONE envied me because I was considered "old." So what category do I belong in?

Caro said...

I'm definitely like that.

Aurelia said...

You are right about the silver lining, and bonus, if you bitch about your cousin here, no one will hear you at family gatherings.

You will have it ALL out of your system, and that's a good thing, right?

decemberbaby said...

Elizabeth... seeing as you read my blog, you belong in the "fertile AND very sympathetic" category. Great place to be, really.

Elizabeth said...

decemberbaby,

I really enjoy reading your blog, you are a sign of hope, humility and humor. Your story is a good one.

I feel honored to be in the "fertile AND very sympathetic" category. Very nice label.