Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Pregnant... until proven otherwise

Thanks for all your good wishes... I left the clinic after the IUI feeling very positive. I was quite crampy, which is not normal for me, and then I had some faint spotting, which probably means that my cervix was just feeling a bit sensitive but I'll take it as a good sign anyway. I POAS when I got home to see how quickly the test line would come up (from the HCG trigger). Basically, I'm feeling all the hope that I haven't felt in many, many months. It helps that the stats were so good, too.

But right now I'm just tired. Exhausted. Practically unable to keep my eyes open any longer... and it's only 7 p.m. Progesterone is doing its thing again. I'd better get used to it, though... I plan to be feeling progesterone-crappy for a long time - because I'm pregnant.

(until proven otherwise)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are.

Chris said...

Ditto! Hope the next 2 weeks fly by!

Tzivia said...

Hey! You were my *NOT* POAS hero for a few minutes there last cycle! Just don't try to use the "darkness" or "speed" of the stick line for any kind of comparison in a few days' time. B/c every test is different, every time you pee is different, blah blah blah... why am I still awake? Why am I such a progesterone-high-killing bore? (I prefer the term loveable curmudgeon) :-)))
Thinking of you.