Thursday, December 21, 2006

down for the count.

My acupuncturist said that we shouldn't even try this month. She's concerned about the effect of the inhalers and antibiotics on Mr. D.'s sperm. She feels that if the sperm aren't top quality, we may be in for another miscarriage. She also pointed out that she doesn't think I could handle another loss very well right now.

How astute of her.

So... does anybody have any thoughts on this? Please comment and let me know if you know anything useful. I don't want to get pregnant just to lose it... but is that really a concern?

Maybe this is another lesson in patience, courtesy of God. I guess I should just suck it up and wait til next cycle, when we'll have the guidance of an RE and hopefully the femara advantage.

Sigh.

2 comments:

My Reality said...

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but we are dealing with male factor infertility (as well as my problems.) Our urologist said that anytime you are sick, especially if you run a fever, you can jeopardize sperm production/quality. It takes approximately 72 days to make a sperm. So, it could potentially mean that the sperm quality could be affected for the next 2 & 1/2 months. I think you posted Mr. December had a fever, and anytime body temperature is increased like that, it can cause sperm problems.

As for having another miscarriage, I don't know if it would cause it or not. Maybe ask your RE's office what they think.

I know this is probably not what you want to hear, and I am sorry if I sound negative. If you want to talk to me about any of this, send me an email.

Anonymous said...

well, that is krappy. 'skipping' a cycle is hard enough news to bear, let alone when you don't have 28 day cycles!!! hope you're finding that patience you're seeking.
take good care of yourself, december!
peace
shlomit