Thursday, December 27, 2007

How long does it take?

Lumpy has SO not dropped. Today my elderly aunt commented that I'm carrying really high and she thinks it'll be another three weeks. I certainly have no evidence that anything has changed, in terms of how things feel, although I have been kind of PMS-crampy... but I've been that way for the last couple of weeks.

So, my question to those more experienced... how quickly can things change? Should I just hunker down and assume that we'll be going the distance here?


And for your amusement... two things that piss me off:

1. People who call me every day and casually ask, "how are you?" Folks, the jig is up. I know you're really calling to find out whether I've had the baby yet. If you're calling to ask, then the answer is still "I'm still pregnant, thanks. And you?" Believe me, as soon as Lumpy gets here it'll be broadcast on CBC (or its extended-family-grapevine equivalent). In the meantime, if you're calling to find out whether I'm in labor yet, just say so. The euphemisms are getting annoying.

2. People who make one of the following comments:
- "Oh my god, you're huge!"
- "Well, with that belly you look kind of fat."
- "Holy cow, look at you! you're enormous!"
Has nobody seen a pregnant woman before? Hello people, there's an entire person in there. Along with some fluids and gross stuff. What size did you expect me to be, huh? Whatever, go on telling me how huge I am. It's a great boost to my self esteem right now. Oh, and say it over and over again. It gets funnier every time.

I guess you could say I'm entering the bitchy final stage. If you stick around, you may get more bitter but funny posts, a la original decemberbaby.

2 comments:

ms. c said...

Oy, sounds like you've had enough! C'mon baby... show us your face. (Truthfully, I am really worried about nearing the end as I fear I will feel much like you are in this post!)
I have to admit my favorite line of the post was "the jog is up"! OMG, I am still laughing.
Thinking dropping thoughts to you...
(And still wondering where the crib is from!)

decemberbaby said...

Ms. C, it's from a collection called Young America, made by Stanley furniture. That particular design is the My Haven Dropside Crib. Comes in lots of yummy candy colours.