Thursday, December 06, 2007

Still here, still pregnant.

Lumpy isn't here yet, we don't do baby showers in my family, and our house is still filling up with baby gear and assorted crap, not to mention the boxes it all came in. For those curious about our eventual stroller decision, we went with a firstwheels stroller in aqua... just like a Bug.aboo, without the crazy price tag. I'll do a proper review once we've started using it.

I think nesting may be kicking in. Today I was determined to clean out our front hall closet... I got as far as getting all the stuff out of there, but the scrub brush and bucket of soapy water will have to wait until tomorrow. I'm thinking the closet would be a good place to keep the (folded) stroller and the carseat.

I've been getting what I think are Braxton-Hicks contractions. They don't hurt, it just feels like I'm doing a serious ab crunch - except that I'm not. I'm using them as a chance to practice letting go, breathing, and letting them take their course. How many points do I get for being totally naive that this "practice" will somehow help?

Too many things to finish doing, and too little time. Why couldn't I feel the urge to nest a month ago? My pantry isn't organized, my office is in a shambles, the bills aren't filed... argh!

1 comment:

Aurelia said...

Do what you can, and don't worry about it, the baby will not care about the pantry or the bills.