Wednesday, February 14, 2007

And the weiner is...

Well, ever since the topic of semen analysis first came up, Mr. December has been bragging about how "highly motile" his sperm are. Turns out he was right - but most of them are pretty ugly.

Here's the breakdown:
count - 34 million
motility - 60% ("excellent", says Dr. C.)
morphology - 20% ("a little low")

Dr. C. said the numbers are ok for timed intercourse, but that the chances are a lot higher with IUI. I'm trying to convince Mr. D. that IUI is the way to go... how many times does he really want to go through my progesterone-induced insanity?

And what about me? Well, the only number I remember is that my lining is now 5.5. I have follicles on my left and my right, but I stopped paying attention because I suspect that only one will mature, just like last time. I can feel myself starting to let go, and it feels good.

_____________

I can't decide whether or not to go to pottery today. It's snowing and the roads are all gross and full of people who've forgotten how to drive in winter weather. I wonder if my teacher will let me make it up another day?

4 comments:

E. Phantzi said...

Thanks for the comment on SQ/SPJ! "I want to poke you" - why didn't I ever think of that interpretation? Hilarious! Sometimes I think that whole relationship was just one long miscommunication...

Anyway, good luck with the potential IUI - that's our next step too.

And I was the only one who showed up for my morning class, which was subsequently cancelled - good day to hunker down at home!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are letting go a bit.

I must say, I almost preferred IUI's to timed sex - it was less work for me! ;)

Aurelia said...

IUI is good, but remember, all it takes is one, and you do have 30 million...not bad...

Suzy said...

Good numbers! I hope the IUI is a go...