Monday, January 22, 2007

It was just a dream...

I got a call from the clinic. Apparently what they thought was a follicle actually wasn't. This didn't make sense to me, but when they told me that my beta was cancelled I understood what was going on. Then it got ugly. I threw a tantrum, I yelled, I cried. And there was nothing anyone could do about it... because my body just wasn't cooperating. Another cycle wasted.

Then I WOKE UP. I've never been so happy to hear my brother-in-law's voice on the phone!

Phew.

_____________

As I understand it, I'm supposed to ovulate today. The few times I have ovulated, I got this sharp pain in my ovary. Today so far I haven't (although it could have happened while I was sleeping). I'm supposed to start the progesterone tonight, but I feel nervous doing it without confirmation that I did in fact ovulate. Am I being silly? Would it be so bad if I waited until tomorrow night?

I really want this cycle to work. I'm optimistic, the sex has been amazing, all in all it would be a great time to conceive. Did I mention I really want this cycle to work?

I think it will. 'Cause I'm an optimist this week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad it was just a dream!

Hope this cycle is the one!

Anonymous said...

For a moment, you had me worried! Phew!

Anonymous said...

Delurking to say that I believe waiting an extra day for the progesterone should be ok. They usually have me start the progesterone the day after ovulation, not the day of... Hope this info helps you. And most of all, good luck!

Anonymous said...

I was worried too! That is an awful dream and I'm so glad you snapped out of it quickly! We are all rooting for you!