Saturday, January 20, 2007

Scared, wired, optimistic.

Today's monitoring appointment went well.

Left ovary: a 20mm follicle
Right ovary: a 13mm follicle
Uterus: 7.2mm lining

I'm ready to be triggered. Oddly enough, I didn't realize that I would have to give myself the trigger shot. I'm totally weirded out, never having ever injected anything (except a turkey, with its own juices). I'll have to practice on an orange. Also, we might have to inject the ovidrel this afternoon, when we're scheduled to be at a party. And I thought those stories of shooting up at a party would never be a part of my life. Oh, how I was wrong.

There are babies everywhere this morning. I'm choosing to take it as a good sign. Everyone I encountered at the clinic today was optimistic and said "well, hopefully next time we see you you'll be pregnant". Amazing. These people seem to want it almost as much as I do.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yaaaayyy!
I love the optimism!!
Today my RE said (in response to my pessism): "studies show that optimistic women get pregnant more often than those that aren't". Take it where you can, girl!
Thinking only POSITIVE THOUGHTS for you and Mr. D.
peace
shlomit

Anonymous said...

I'll add to those positive thoughts - lots of love.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you are being showered with optimism today! I want this to work out so badly for you! Good Luck!! I love reading your blog! Sending more positive vibes your way!

Laura

Anonymous said...

I said a little prayer for you, december! I hope this is it for you!

Anonymous said...

Those numbers look amazing! I would be very confident if I was you that this is going to be a very good cycle. Injecting yourself? Oh no, my silly December, that's Mr Decembers job, that's why you married him! I am going for a lining check tomorrow, we'll compare, I'm hoping for an 8mm.........Good luck!!!

decemberbaby said...

Klubby, Mr. December has severe needle phobia. If I let him inject me, most of the ovidrel would end up on the floor, pulled out of my belly as he fainted. Trust me, it's better that way.

Anonymous said...

lol December, I have the mental picture, and it 'aint pretty!