Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The RE hath spoken.

My blood tests were all normal. I have none of the biochemical markers of PCOS. Mr. December's blood tests were all normal. On the ultrasound, my ovaries look like chocolate-chip cookies (my right ovary looks like a giant one). So the RE feels that we can label me PCOS but we don't need metformin because I have no insulin or sugar issues.

The plan is to move forward: as soon as I call them on CD1, we'll start cycle monitoring and femara. We're going to try timed intercourse for the first couple of cycles and see how it goes - Mr. December feels that a good egg is all we'll need.

In the meantime, the lining of my uterus is 7.5 mm and has taken on the fuzzy appearance that my RE tells me is the result of progesterone. Translation for Mr. December: looks like I've ovulated. So if we believe ff and I'm 4dpo, we only have to wait 10 more days before we can get started. Awesome.

It feels like the tide is turning. Maybe 2007 will be my year after all.

4 comments:

ms. c said...

Yes! Maybe the tide is turning.
Good luck with the Femara. I found taht it wasn't so bad. And fortunately for you that you don't have to go through the Metformin adjustment.
You are following my train of thought here... if we can get one good egg...
Best of luck to you, and keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

Yaaay!!!!
This sounds promising, d-baby!!!!
All the best to you and your eggs and mr d's spermies!
go team!
peace
shlomit

Anonymous said...

Good Luck and CONGRATS on the no-met thing - that totally rocks.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like great news! Getting pregnant with sex would be fantastic. I hope that this is your year!