Thursday, March 29, 2007

Always look on the bright side of life...

*whistling*

I felt the need to put up something more positive in this space. My last post was really how I was feeling, but it does drag me down to look at it now... so here I go with some GOOD news for a change!

I had a visit with my new house (not yet mine) and had the kitchen and bathroom measured. Then I went to IKEA and had them look over my design, tweak it, and then print it. I will be meeting with the contractors next week to get an exact estimate and an installation date. Hooray.. things are moving along!

Then I went to our local home improvement store and found myself a bathtub AND some vanities and cabinets that I might consider using. Yee-haw!

Now all I have to do is get through Passover, go to Israel, and when I come back I can start playing with the sledgehammer! Any other bitter infertiles wanna help me smash things?

I cannot wait. Even now, the house feels like home. I'm so in love!

(and yeah, my last commenter was right... the progesterone does make the symptoms feel so real. A very big part of me thinks I could be pregnant, and the part of me that takes my pulse obsessively (78 bpm) and checks my cervix (high and firm) thinks it's not happening this month. If only the two of them would agree)

4 comments:

Laura said...

Cool! We just got an IKEA catalog and will more than likely order a few things for the house from there! Funny cause when DH gave me the catalog I thought 'why is IKEA so familiar' and I just now realized that its because of your posts about your renovations!! Glad you had a good day! Nothing like a little shopping to make the day better!

Anonymous said...

I would TOTALLY come help you. I've got a diary from when we did the townhouse. reading about our swearing matches, getting high on toxic fumes, setting myself on fire...that kind of stuff never gets old. :) Miss you!--Azure.

tipsymarie said...

Doing home improvement stuff is like a drug for me. It always puts me in a good mood. There's something really refreshing about changing your surroundings for hte better.

Anonymous said...

I do! I do! I do!

Smashing things would be such good therapy.